We enjoyed another Hacking family reunion at Lake Powell this July. Our adventures included the kids finding a rattlesnake under a rock within an hour of tying down the house boat. Thank goodness for my nephew, Matt, telling Jake not to go back to check and make sure is was really a rattlesnake. In Matt's surfer voice..."dude...don't go back.. it's a rattlesnake, I promise." Jake decided to not go back and the two boys went to tell the dads. Within minutes the dads were on get rid of the rattlesnake duty. I shutter to think of the outcome if Jake had gone back to check out the snake. The kids enjoyed jumping off cliffs this year. Jake and Lauren jumped off some pretty high ones. I was very impressed. I learned how to get up on a wakeboard (and I learned, quickly that it hurts incredibly bad when you fall...like my head hit a cement wall - ouch!) and I waterskied for the first time in about 15 years. Jake learned how to waterski and loved it! Lauren waterskied and learned how to wakeboard. Nathan gave waterskiing one attempt and then headed back to the boat. We were still proud that he tried. Rodman did it all and loved every minute. I discovered, this year, while sleeping on the top deck of the houseboat that bats fly around us all night eating bugs...Freaky! And to close things off, our houseboat wouldn't start when it was time to leave and we putted back to the marina on one engine...but not before coasting into a rock wall and needing a tow minutes before we made it to the dock. None the less, it was another fun vacation. We look forward to next year.
Life, Happiness & Love
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Lake Powell 2009
We enjoyed another Hacking family reunion at Lake Powell this July. Our adventures included the kids finding a rattlesnake under a rock within an hour of tying down the house boat. Thank goodness for my nephew, Matt, telling Jake not to go back to check and make sure is was really a rattlesnake. In Matt's surfer voice..."dude...don't go back.. it's a rattlesnake, I promise." Jake decided to not go back and the two boys went to tell the dads. Within minutes the dads were on get rid of the rattlesnake duty. I shutter to think of the outcome if Jake had gone back to check out the snake. The kids enjoyed jumping off cliffs this year. Jake and Lauren jumped off some pretty high ones. I was very impressed. I learned how to get up on a wakeboard (and I learned, quickly that it hurts incredibly bad when you fall...like my head hit a cement wall - ouch!) and I waterskied for the first time in about 15 years. Jake learned how to waterski and loved it! Lauren waterskied and learned how to wakeboard. Nathan gave waterskiing one attempt and then headed back to the boat. We were still proud that he tried. Rodman did it all and loved every minute. I discovered, this year, while sleeping on the top deck of the houseboat that bats fly around us all night eating bugs...Freaky! And to close things off, our houseboat wouldn't start when it was time to leave and we putted back to the marina on one engine...but not before coasting into a rock wall and needing a tow minutes before we made it to the dock. None the less, it was another fun vacation. We look forward to next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment