Life, Happiness & Love

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lauren and Jake's BIG Adventure

CA, Rodman's company, hosted a trip for CA employees (who qualified) and their families in Puerto Rico mid-February.  I thought Lauren and Jake would have tons of fun with their dad, so I gave up my spot on the trip and stayed home with the little ones.  They all had a great, memorable time together.  CA really did it up right for the kids.  Lot's of fun activities, crafts, and entertainment.  Each night, Rodman emailed me highlights from the day.  Here are some excerpts:
DAY ONE Jake woke up as soon as the sun shone through the drapes which must have been about 6am Puerto Rico time. He said "wake up Peeps, it is time to go to the water park". Fortunately, I ignored him for the 10 minutes that he tried to wake us up
 
and he fell back to sleep....The water park had a big lazy river, 3 good water slides (1 that drops straight down; one for 
innertubes and one normal one.) Jake and the kids spent most of the time on the lazy river mainly because the iquanas would co
me right up to the edge and take a drink. I grabbed a cou
ple of them by the tail and dragged them into the lazy river with us. It was hilarious. I swam with a 4 foot iguana for about 10 minutes while
 Jake stood above it and made 
sure it didn't climb out...We went to dinner at 7pm and they had the kids section staffed by at least 30-40 people that didn't include those serving food. The kids had a buffet set up with steamed veggies, fries, chicken, meatballs, pasta, drinks and ice cream. Their entertainment was better than the entertainment for the adults. They had a magician, clowns, people with animals (parrots, snake, iguana) and about 12 stations set up for arts and crafts. They had dancers dressed up in
 costumes too...All in all it was a great day. Lauren looks like a lobster.
DAY TWO We then boarded a bus and took the bus to a marina where we got on a catamaran. We sailed for about 3 hours with a one hour break for swimming, jumping and snorkeling. The snorkeling wasn't very good. Not a lot of fish and the water was a little murky and cold. But we had fun jumping off the boat and Lauren liked going down the slide. She made a few new friends 
on the boat as did Jake...Jake caught a lizard after breakfast and held it until it died around 4pm. He brought it to me as we were sailing back to the dock and said "here dad, its dead". I promptly threw it into the water. But he was the hit for 7 hours with all the little kids and parents.
DAY THREE  3rd and final day at El Conquistador resort in Puerto Rico
. I woke up before the kids and placed their Valentine's Day gifts on their pillows. They quickly woke up and were excited to get their WebKinz. Lauren read the note (from mom) before she dug into the bag and I read Jakey's note to him. They then gave me my V-card of Napolea
n Dynomite.. funny!! We then got packed up for the water park and went to breakfast...Jake, Lauren and I played together for most of the morning...Lauren and [her new friends] headed to the highest water slide that I didn't think Lauren would do again but she decided 
to go with them which surprised me. So I took some pictures and pretty soon Lauren was going up and down the stairs 
doing the BIG DROP water slide over and over again with Caellin and Ella...Jake and Sam were off doing their thing water slides, pool, lazy river, exploring, etc.  We left the water park and bought some t-shirts for Nathan, Jake and Lauren and then went back to our room to shower and get ready for the big farewell party. We took a big boat over to the resort's island which CA had totally reserved for the evening. Once again, they put on a great party for the kids with face painting, magicians, crafts, buffet, etc all with a Valentine's Day theme...The adult party was right on the beach too with great food (salad, fish, meat, ribs, dessert, etc.). They had live music and dancing for entertainment...The kids are out cold now and would probably sleep until we have to leave tomorrow morning at 11am if I let them. They played hard today and had a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment